lørdag 5. desember 2015

Some clocked in at 34 years, others lived longer

Sure, that's right. On this very date, 48 years ago, I saw the light of day for the first time. At least that's what I like to think, that there was some kind of daylight present. It happened quite early in the morning, so it was definitely dark at the time, but probably got a little bit better throughout the day.

But that was not the reason for this very short post! I just got the news, that the Holga camera never got any older than 34. They have laid up the business, selling too few cameras these days, even though there's a lot of them still around.
I don't own a Holga, but I got an example of it's cousin, the Diana F+ It's the same thing, more or less. Totally flimsy plastic, loads of leaks, and a bit of fun and unpredictability. Which is good, at times.

Anyway, here's a bit more history to read around the old Holga.

2 kommentarer:

  1. A belated Happy Birthday Roy. Hope it was a good one with lots of family around!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you very, very much Michael :)
      Not much family around, as I was on the ship and will so be until around the 2'nd or 3'rd of january. Will miss both my birthday and the big holliday ahead... but that does not jump at me as a shock anyway. Quite used to it by now, to be honest :)
      Thanks for the comment mate!!

      Slett

Feel free to drop me a comment about anything, anytime