onsdag 13. januar 2016

Days off... well, not exactly

I work on this ship, as you probably know by now. Top officer in the engine dept. and all. This means you got to do all this stuff on your time off, just to keep all national and international authorities on the happy side. Or, they don't care too much, to be honest. They look at your paperwork, and that's more or less it. Papers good? OK, you're most likely good to go for another limited piece of time. Right now it's the STCW 78 (Manilla certificates) we are all struggling to get hold of. Nothing extreme, but there's a few courses we need to take to get updated and comply with the rules. Cool, since I was one of the happy dudes at the time I got my first marine engineer certificate who got a STCW 95 certificate. The ones before me were all certified after the STCW 78 rules, and had to take all sorts of courses to get in line with the 95 rules. Now we all need to go back to the 78 thing. Nice, huh...? 

I drove past this point a while ago. Snapped it through the car window, as I do. I hate that reflex from the window, but the rest looks good... me thinks. German rangefinder and a 3,5 cm fitting lens

Anyway, I'm almost there now. I took a pre- course on the internet today, and are due to go to the real course from the 25th of january. 5 days on a Hi-voltage course to make sure I know all about how to deal with the safety on board any vessel using more than 1000 Volt on the main switchboard. 
Well, the pre- course went away quite well so I hope the rest should be more or less going down the same road in some way. Luckily I don't have to travel away to take the course, as my old engineer school back home are running the right course at the moment. 

I drove past this point as well, a few seconds later. Same thing, more or less. 

Other than that, nothing much has been happening today. I had to get this stuff out of the way before I can start doing anything fun... 
Maybe tomorrow?! :))

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Feel free to drop me a comment about anything, anytime