onsdag 9. november 2016

Watching...

Watching, with some degree of interest, the coverage of the election over the sea tonight. 
I'm not equipped with a right to vote, as you probably understand, so will not even think about commenting any of the candidates here on the blog. 
I did not have the right to vote during the big referendum in Scotland in 2014 either, and therefore did not comment it. At least not inside the public room. 
I do keep an eye on what's going on anyway, and do have some ideas around what might be the better choice and what's probably not. 
It's going to be a long run towards tomorrow morning, and I'm going to stay tuned for a few hours yet. I think. 
Whether we like it or not, the US president is a quite important person meaning a lot for a lot of people around the world the next few years. United Nations comes to mind quite quickly...


I ran a very short film (12 snaps) through a Voigtländer camera a while ago. I snapped it inside the camera so had to open it inside the darkroom to get it out of there. The film had been used before, and was full of double exposures. This was the only one that looks like a single exposure, but as you see the shutter did not quite follow. It's nice though, with the clouds, mountain, the sea and the sun and everything. Don't know if I'm going to run it through the enlarger to get it onto paper though. 

I have also been scanning some negatives during the afternoon. Not too happy with some of the exposures done with the Nikon F3 lately. I had a feeling that this would happen, as I have been trying to keeping an eye to the automatic exposure going on. It's easy to get fooled by the automatic things going on inside cameras, and I very well know that from before. Underexposed negatives is quite typical in some situations, and that's just what I got on quite a few frames. Seems like the center weight light meter works in a bit different way than on the FM2, and we know from manuals that the F3 is 80% - 20% center weight contrary to the 60% - 40% on the FM2. It might make some difference, and maybe to some visible degree in some situations. I will still look further into this, of course. 
And I went to the post office to pick up a packet from the UK. Film, as it happens.

4 kommentarer:

  1. Unexposed negs are fairly commonplace around The Liberties, too :) It doesn't help when different cameras lead to different results, either. Still, keeps you on your toes, eh?!

    And that is some effect you got in that there snap, matey! Pity it might be hard to re-create 100% of the time, but it sure gets your attention.

    SvarSlett
  2. Impossible to re-create for sure, but I feel that's kind of OK at times :) Can't always get what you want, as we were told years ago.
    Cameras are a bit weird that way, but this one is totally crazy as you never know if the shutter will fire at 1/30s or something like 15s. That's a wee bit far off, actually. But it keeps getting you something interesting from time to time... in addition to wasting film, of course.

    SvarSlett
  3. Svar
    1. Thanks a lot, Andrea :) Very much appreciated

      Slett

Feel free to drop me a comment about anything, anytime