søndag 4. november 2018

Saturday night (not at the movies though...)

And still out here in the middle of nowhere. Makes your mood a wee bit darker than it will be one week from now, I hope. 
I found this snap dug deep inside my archives somewhere. It seemed to fit pretty well, to be honest.

Diamonds on my windshield...

I managed to almost fill up my roll of Rollei 120 format film, factory oomphed to 400 level, with snaps during the day. Actually I think there's only one single frame left on it, but by tomorrow evening I would think it should be all gone. A good feeling for sure, as if you don't know that already. I used the Diana F+, as that's the only camera around this ship using that sort of film at the moment. Actually there's a few pinhole cameras I could have loaded up, of course, but bringing the exposed film home from Brazil is only going to give me a lot of hassle on the airport, so I leave it be. 

Talking about pinhole cameras; Years ago, maybe 5 or so, I bought a few "precision drilled" pinholes from somewhere. Probably on the foreign auction site on the interweb or something. 
Well, whatever! Today I thought I'd just turn my small traveling bag for photographic related stuff on it's head and have a good look through it, and whaddayaallknow and such... there they were. Neatly and very well hidden inside some totally secret pocket or something for sure, but still there they were after all those years. I might even go home and have one or two of them tested, if I don't manage to throw them away by accident before I'm on the flight from Rio to Amsterdam wednesday evening. 
I'll make sure to let you know if they work. The holes, that is.
Oh, and I just gave myself a promise to clear out the internals of all my photo bags every 5 years or so from now on. There might be other gems hidden, for all we know. 

2 kommentarer:

  1. Nice shot, Roy - light bits&dark bits all looking good to my eyes :)

    Pinhole, eh? Would be nice to do someday, I think - back to real basics and all that. I’ll watch out for your masterpieces- which knowing you, they will be!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. And those who wait would probably have to wait even longer, my friend :)
      I've been working more inside the darkroom and less with actually taking snaps for the last few weeks, so no pinhole shots to show off I'm afraid. I did manage to check a couple of them holes though, and the first tests looked sort of promising, I have to say. At least a bit "cleaner" compared to my home made ones, but we'll find out some day for sure. I hope...!
      Thanks a lot for your comments, Michael. Very much appreciated :)

      Slett

Feel free to drop me a comment about anything, anytime