fredag 2. november 2018

Looking for that little something, again

There's probably at least a couple of ways to do this.
You may either choose to sit down and wait for something to happen, or you can actually try to find it floating around somewhere.
Inspiration, that is.
You probably know what I'm talking about, because from what I hear and read it seems to be a thing we all seem to lack from time to time. Some more often than others, of course.
Me, myself, I'm looking for something doing some sort of "kick-my-bottoms" thing while at the same time I'm holding a camera.
It's not the easiest thing to find around this place, on board a ship for seven weeks in a row. Not that I'm looking for something to snap a lot out here at sea, but it would be nice to have an idea of a decent project to start when you get home. A loose plan like, you know.

They decided to drill a huge hole in the mountain a few years ago. Just as well, me thinks, because the center of town used to be filled up with cars and noise all the time. Nowadays most of them just disappear into the hole, being kept away from the streets. Most of them, of course. Not all!

Some tiny but maybe nice little idea crept into my brains about a week ago, and I've been trying to think a few things through since then. I seem to have filled quite a few pages inside my notebook about it and all. Not that my words will help me much in the end I guess, but at least it looks good in some sort of strange way.
You see I've been listening to some music lately. Of course I have been listening to those same records more or less since I was 10 or 12, so it's nothing new believe me, but this time it might be different anyway.
Oh yes, you got it. I somehow felt like I might use some of the words and chords inside a few of these records to actually do a small project with snaps. I know it has been done before, so it's nothing brand new in that respect, but still a bit fresh to me anyway. I still have to narrow it down, of course, and I also still have to think a bit more about what to do and how to get it done, but I might get there some day. And if not, it's not like it's the end of the world, or something.
I'll be perfectly fine even if I end up finding I made a total failure of the whole idea.

I don't know, but there was something about the bending roads, the lights and the flow of it all that cached my view. I can't see it that clear in retrospect, to be honest. It's from the same hole as above.

I had a message coming through on Facebook a few days ago. A woman I know from way back wanted me to put photos up on a few of the walls inside her little, but quite special and to my standard rather well visited gallery at some point next year. I have yet to respond in a somewhat clear language, but it's a bit tempting... If I can get both myself and a few prints together that is, of course.
I want nothing like the last minute stuff I had to do the last time I had prints hanging on the wall of the bigish library in my home town for a month. There should have been better stories told, I think. And then I think the lines were not falling together as I'd have liked them to. It was more like they were falling apart... which is no good, truth been told.
But hey, that's learning by doing, isn't it?  I might even find some inspiration in that little fact, for all we know?!


2 kommentarer:

  1. I'd be happy if the the city of Gangneung dug a big hole in a mountain, got everyone to park their cars in there, and then filled the hole back in again.
    I've had exhibitions at big galleries and they cost a fortune. I felt a sense of achievement, but I don't think I'll do it again. I think I would like to put up some photos in a coffee shop or somewhere like that. There are a few places in town that displays painting and photos on a regular basis.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Hahaha... that would solve the noisy street issue for a while, at least, Marcus.
      Big galleries costing a fortune is nothing for me, obviously, but this one is nothing like that, luckily. Coffee shops and Cafés would be a nice place to hang a few prints for a while or two for sure. There's a few places like that popping up in my home town as well these days. I like to go there, grab a cup and just sit down and watch for some time. It's good for the soul.

      Slett

Feel free to drop me a comment about anything, anytime