tirsdag 20. november 2018

Finally back home, thank you very much!

Actually been home for a few days as it happen. I've just been a bit busy, and have not had too much time for the things I really like to play around with. 
That said, I'm just out of the darkroom after finally getting some spare time to kill, and it's 01.32 in the morning. Time flies when you got stuff like that to do, but of course you know everything about that already. 
Also I've had a few films developed some time last week. Most of them seem to have come out good enough for my standards, so that's great really. 
Printed a couple of the latest negs this evening, but I'm rusty as heck to be honest. Made all sorts of beginner mistakes with both filters, apertures, timer and what on earth have we. 
I'm sure it will be better at some point tomorrow. 

I'm also working on this new darkroom timer. I'm not absolutely sure I can make it, to be honest, because it involves some sort of damn micro-controller-puterthing-programming... and I'm not too sure I can cope with it. We will see, but I might just invest some time into the thing as I'm also investigating the possibility of installing leds in my enlarger. In that case I need to program the damn micro controller no matter...
Anyway, it's not going to be a showstopper for any printing as I already got a very useable enlarger using the normal bulb and the condensers. Would be great to be able to use it as a diffuser as well, but as I said... we will have to wait and see. Probably for some time...

Well. 
Nothing much more to say right now, as it's too far into the next day already. 
I give you a scan of one of the recent films just for now, and hope to see you again very soon! 
It's a lousy snap of a castle we've seen before, and the development of the film didn't flow well either, by the way. Got some sort of bubbles of foam inside the tank which obviously did do some harm on the film surface itself. 
It's not exactly the end of the world, though. 

Oh yes, we had a couple of grey days there over in Scotland. We're pretty used to it though, so no big deal at all. A nice pile of stone, this one!!



2 kommentarer:

  1. Leds are the best option these days I reckon. No heat! And if you get the right colour temperatures no more contrast filters either. The timer sounds like a decent first step - I think there might be some code kicking around the Internet for that sort of thing, too. But in my experience trying to use someone else’s code can end up taking longer than figuring it out yourself.

    Keep us informed on your progress, Roy - it’s a really interesting project.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. It's an interesting project for sure, Michael...! And it also turns out to be a big one. I have found some code I want to use, but as you say it's not easy implementing other peoples code to my own project. At least I learned that much during the last few weeks.
      I'm not giving up though, so just keep the patience up and I'll be continuing to work on it for as long as it takes. Looks like I found the right colours for the leds and all that, but we will see whenever I get it all mounted inside my enlarger head at some point. I'll keep you all updated, of couse :)

      Slett

Feel free to drop me a comment about anything, anytime