This weekend we went away to the island of Smøla again, and it was a very nice trip. Brought the sister and the mother in law this time, which was very nice indeed.
Even managed to visit the brilliant artist Kari, who grew up on more or less the same spot where I used to go fishing back in the days. I never had too much time to go see the folks down on that farm back in the days, but I did this weekend. You see she's an artist these days when she's not working on all kinds of other projects, and I want to have something she has made on one of my walls somewhere. You will see, some day, I hope. We have even briefly discussed the possibility of a sort of cooperation by throwing something together for next summer. Things to hang on walls, you know. I am not too sure yet...
I kind of liked this print. I don't like the scan, though. There's too much going on in the sky there, and on the far left side where the sea is. The print does not contain too much of that rubbish, and looks even more graphic than the scan. More black and white only, with not much gray if you see what I mean. I wanted it to be like that, I need to hurry to say. Everything else looks quite OK, I think.
Ah, the darkroom session you might ask?
Well, it was a session with a plan. At least it started off like that.
Then I went in there, and threw the plan somewhat away. As you normally do when you find yourself inside a dark place like that.
Anyway, I ended up with a few prints. A couple of them were actually rather nice if you take a close look at them in daylight. The scans are just that... scans.
We found this on our travel to Bulandet about a week ago. Someone had ripped the wheelhouse off an old fishing boat and put it aside for it to get some patina, or something. It seems to work, anyway. I had to stop, as you might understand. This was done on Fomapan 100 film on the Rolleiflex, washed the film in some kind of HC-110 mixture and made a couple of prints. This one is on warm tone Ilford FB paper. I might find a place for it, somewhere.
I printed the bigger ones on Ilford warm tone fibre paper. The only reason for that was that I have run out of the more normally toned, or not toned at all, paper of the same quality. Or not completely run out either, but there was no more of that size anyway. I got a bunch of bigger stuff, but I did not like to start cutting away on that batch. Not yet, anyway. That day will come soon enough anyway.
Bog Cotton, Eriphorum, Cottongrass or Myrull. You may call it lots of stuff, but it's usually the same thing. It's nice anyway, and looks great in the wind we usually gets around this bits of the world. This was snapped on the Rolleiflex, and the print was made on warm tone Ilford FB paper. It's going to show up on somebody's wall at some point, I have heard.