tirsdag 30. oktober 2018

Let's have another go, shall we?!

As some of you may have noticed there has been little or nothing said from inside this place during the last year. Sometimes that happens, I guess. With blogs, you know. You stop for some reason, and then just never really gets back into the habit of writing a few words every now and then. 
I'll give it another go, as I really like both a bit of writing and to show a few snaps should I happen to have something worth posting at any point in time. 
I have not been playing around inside the darkroom as much as I'd like to lately, and my desk is pretty much overfilled with films in desperate need of a bath of developer. I will get that sorted out when I get home from work. And that's a promise! 
There should be stuff from quite a while back, I presume, but that should be fine I think. For most of you out there, anyway. 

I'm in Brazil for the moment. Or I'm off the coast of Brazil to be a bit more exact about it, but at least we work out from there right now. Been to Rio de Janeiro and all, but didn't take the chance to bring any of my two rangefinders out of the ship on the only day we had the chance to walk a bit around parts of the city. I was going to a place to do a medical test, so I didn't assume I got the chance to move much around anyway. Well, at least I should have brought along the half frame camera I had in the bag. But it's too late now, anyway. I might get the chance again, so I'll be a tiny bit more wise in the camera selection to bring over for the next trip. 
This is not the place you would walk on the streets with the most expensive equipment hanging from your shoulder. Just saying.

It's a hotel room in Port of Spain, Trinidad. So now you know what that looks like, obviously.

Earlier I've spent most of the year so far in Trinidad and around those bits of the world. It was nothing much to write home about, but way too warm for a man more used to temperatures around six degrees most of the year. It was an interesting experience, though. It's a different culture, and rather very much so actually.  Very obvious when you are waiting for something ordered and due to show up on the quayside at a particular time of some earlier specified day. In the end you might start wonder if you got the year right...
And then the difference in culture also gets pretty obvious if you move around in the traffic. By car, rather than by foot. I don't think I'll say much more about that.

Here you go. Proceed on your own risk,  but don't claim you was not warned! The sign might seem to be a bit hidden away and hard to notice you think, but I can assure you it will get worse. A lot worse! 

I'm sorry for the usual bad quality film scans, of course. I'll try to sort that out on at least some posts in the future. I can't promise there will be print scans only, but at least I hope to be able to show a few every now and then. 
See you again soon, hopefully! And I hope most of my tiny audience might come back even though I've been out of the game for a while. 


5 kommentarer:

  1. Svar
    1. Thank you very much, Jim! Let's just hope I'm back on track, sort of. I got a lot of catching up on other blogs to do as well.

      Slett
  2. I'm glad you are writing again. Your blog is near the top of my bookmarks list, along with Jim's.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Oh, that's very nice to hear, Marcus. I really hope to have a bit more to say, and a few more snaps to share in the time to come. I just need to get that load of film developed, and I should be good to go for another year or so :)

      Slett
  3. Ah-ha - the wanderer returns! :)

    Good to have you back in the saddle, so to speak. Looking forward to catching up on your recent posts.

    SvarSlett

Feel free to drop me a comment about anything, anytime