tirsdag 4. april 2017

The Old Door

It's right there in front of me every time I walk this way. Not that it happens every day, or every month for that sake, but it happens every now and then. It always fills me with a wish to grab a snap or two of the old thing, and so I did this day as well. Actually I think they were snapped on two different occations a couple of days apart as I had business over there those days. 
It's not important anyway.
They were snapped with the same camera though. I'm pretty sure about that. One of them big-block Mamiya RZ's again, in case you wondered. I've been a bit busy using them lately, as you might have figured out already.

It's a nice old door, don't you think?

Regular snap as I was passing by, done on the Mamiya RZ67 with the 50mm Sekor lens attached. Done on Ilford HP5 film. 

A bit more thought through and everything. Went up a small level to try frame the thing just to make something different. I'm not too sure if it worked, but I leave that for others to decide. Mamiya RZ67 and 110mm Sekor lens on this one. Same film, Ilford HP5.


4 kommentarer:

  1. It *is* a nice old door. Strong.

    SvarSlett
  2. Thank you very much, Jim.
    I'm glad you liked it :)

    SvarSlett
  3. These are very, very nice snapettes, Roy. And not bad composition-wise too ;) HP5 I know, but Pray, what developer, may one ask? (Sorry, been reading too much theatre-stuff recently lol)

    Is 110mm on 6x7 'normal' or just slightly tele? All relative, I know...

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thanks for the comment, Michael :)
      This was done in some rather old Rodinal (Adonal or whatever they call it these days...) I found left on one of my shelves some time ago.
      And yes, I see someone claiming that 110 is rather close to what we used to call a normal lens back in the days. I think it is as well. At least it's the one closest to normal I own for this system.

      Slett

Feel free to drop me a comment about anything, anytime