onsdag 31. oktober 2018

I've been to Trinidad, as you might know

Been working over there, in the warm waters of the Caribbean and stuff like that. It was OK, looking at things in total. Quite a bit warmer than back home anyway, but I don't think I could live like that all year around. I must say it's a bit nice to have four seasons, after all. Maybe not all four seasons in one day, as we sometimes do up where I live, but nevertheless it's nice to get to feel some weather every once in a while. 

Also, it's nice to know you can always get home and find the occasional pole more or less ribbed for cables. It's nothing like that in Trinidad, mind you! 

Getting closer to Port of Spain

Getting even closer to Port of Spain, even though "stuck in traffic" suddenly got a new meaning for me...

I had to get away from the ship and run over to this little shop in Bergen before we left old Norway heading for Trinidad. Had to get myself a half decent camera, because for some reason I did not bring one for this trip, something that has never happened before actually. I ended up with a thing I got lenses for at home anyway, and something that didn't cost me too much money. E eventually got away with a reasonably worn down Nikkormat with a 50mm f/2 lens attached. I think the shop owner was just happy to see them go out the doors, to be honest. Anyway, the camera worked for the entire trip, which was my goal after all. It's still alive, of course, and will probably stay that way for a long time yet. I don't think they are easily broken, them things. 



1 kommentar:

  1. That Nikkomat will probably outlast all of us, Roy :) Those things were well built.

    The electric supply looks, shall we say, ‘interesting’ in that part of the world!

    SvarSlett

Feel free to drop me a comment about anything, anytime