onsdag 21. desember 2016

Darkest time of year

Winter Solstice at it's best over here today. More or less pinch black night in the middle of the day. It has a lot to do with weather conditions, you know. It's been like this quite a few days now to be honest, and it's no good when you got a camera stupidly loaded with some ISO 100 film. OK, I also have one containing some HP5 kicked up to 1600 which give me a bit more to play with. Only valid if one had the time to get out of this steel thing to grab a few frames, that is. That has not happened too often the last week to tell the truth. Work, work and work again is all I have managed to do from early morning to late in the evening. I hope tomorrow will be a bit different, but who knows. Something completely different will probably break into pieces, and somebody will have to take care of it in some kind of way.
And it's been windy. Quite windy. Yesterday was bad, but today has been a bit better. That's just very temporary though. In a few days it's going to be real bad if one listen to the forecast. Living on board a ship you will listen to the forecast. Believe me.
No snow though. Temperature has been around the same as on an averagely good summers day, around 10 deg. C

Midsummer, Oslo in Norway. Don't exactly know if this is something to post, but I take the chance anyway. It did not turn out the way I thought, that's for sure. I opened the shutter a second too late in my opinion. Anyway, it's Nikon FE2 and some Nikkor lens. 

We're getting closer to the festive days over here. Nothing much reminding us of such on board the vessel, but there's a christmas tree and a few bits here and there placed to remind us about what's happening. I guess most of us just looking forward to get home a few days before new year kicks in. 
I'm preparing for my 365@50 project starting on the 1'st of January, hoping to finish it off in a good way. I will probably produce a few more rules as I go along... 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Feel free to drop me a comment about anything, anytime